When: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET.
Title III of the Older Americans Act (OAA) vests the Legal Assistance Developer (LAD) with a big job: to develop a statewide vision for the delivery of legal assistance to older adults with the greatest social and economic needs, and then implement it.
How can LADs make their work as impactful and effective as possible? Join us for Legal Assistance Developer 101 to find out. This webinar covers essential topics such as:
- OAA requirements for the role of LADs
- How LADs can ensure that older adults with the greatest social and economic needs are successfully targeted without means testing
- How LADs can build effective advocacy coalitions and partnerships across their state
- How LADs can strengthen the state’s legal services delivery system through the development and implementation of Statewide Standards and Statewide Reporting
- The local, state, and national supports available to LADs
This webinar is presented with the National Association of Legal Services Developers.
Penelope Hommel, Co-Director, The Center for Social Gerontology, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Sarah Halsell, Legal Assistance Developer, Florida Department of Elder Affairs
This webinar took place on Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 11:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET.