Here’s what older adults need to know about this year’s Open Enrollment periods for both Medicare and the Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Marketplaces.
Fall is open enrollment time for both Medicare beneficiaries and enrollees in the Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Marketplaces for coverage in 2018.
Justice in Aging’s open enrollment fact sheet reveals who is impacted by fall open enrollment, covers critical dates for each group, and provides key information on actions to take to ensure continuous coverage.
- Part C and Part D enrollees should review their coverage options each year as Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans can change their cost-sharing, provider networks and drug formularies.
- Medicare’s open enrollment period is from October 15-December 7, 2017.
- The Marketplace enrollment period has been cut in half from 12 weeks to 6 weeks.
- The Marketplace enrollment period is from November 1-December 15, 2017.
- Open enrollment periods have been extended for victims of some natural disasters.